Head of PHP
MullenLowe Profero Beijing is the leading technology solution provider that helps multi-national clients connect to global consumers in the digital age. We deliver small to large size projects and products including websites, eCommerce platforms and applications across digital channels, using the latest technology in the most creative and relevant way.
Work as part of a team, writing and maintaining best-practice PHP/Python/Ruby code for a variety of small-scale and large-scale projects. If you have an overwhelming desire to build amazing websites and web applications that impress users and exceed expectations, then this is the place for you!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage team assignments cross multiple projects, assigning the right member to the right project based on skills and capabilities
- Build backend projects according to provided designs and functional specifications
- Maintain and document code
- Be responsible for testing and optimising own projects
- Continue to learn about new web technologies and train his own team
- Deliver projects on time, plan your own time according to work requirements
- Deliver projects to the required level of quality, according to MullenLowe Profero's coding guidelines
- Integrate frontend code with a backend framework or Content Management System (CMS)
- Maintain code versions and notify Managers when code or functionality is ready for review/testing
- Help design the technical solution of the build, especially around complex areas like eCommerce, payments, etc.
- Maths/Science/Technology Related Degree
- Computer Science / Programming / Software Engineering Preferred
- Degree not essential if skills/experience can be proven
- Minimum 4 to 6 years' experience as a backend developer writing PHP/Python (preferred) or otherwise Ruby/Java.
- Experience using and developing for at least 1 CMS (Preferably EZ Publish, Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla)
- Experience or familiarity with using Git for version control
- Experience in managing team members (5 to 10) and multiple concurrent projects
- Good knowledge of FrontEnd technologies: HTML and CSS, as well as FrontEnd grid systems and frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap or Foundation
- Understanding of W3C web standards
- Understanding of accessibility, security, and speed optimisation issues
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of mobile and responsive design
- Knowledge of browser testing methods
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop
- Basic English reading & writing
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with HTML templating
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile and other software development methodologies
- Ability to use precompilers and languages like Jade, Blade, Handlebars, Moustache, SASS/LESS, CoffeeScript
- Ability to learn quickly required skills
- Ability to use other software packages by Adobe
- Please bring/submit portfolio / personal website / code samples.