The Gatekeeper - responsible for the output of the technical solution Overview of role<
Reporting to QA Manager, the Web Application QA Tester will be responsible for ensuring new features and application releases meet existing requirements & solution specifications, and identifying & testing for defects prior to release.
The Web Application QA tester will also be responsible for creating and executing testing plans for applications to streamline the testing process for future releases as well as assisting the operations team with the creation of an operations QA workflow.
To be successful, it is essential that the Web Application QA tester be a detail oriented and analytical individual.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and be able to independently and jointly develop desired solutions
- Strong organisational, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with client and/or team members
- Aptitude for learning, understanding, and applying concepts
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a QA workflow for the production team
- Play a direct role in all aspects of web product manual and automated testing, which will include the use of both black box and grey box testing mechanisms
- Create, document and maintain test cases for both existing and new product features
- Perform system and browser compatibility test following test plan and script
- Perform data and security testing following test plan and script, using given tools
- Managing and following up on all bugs: logging them, ensuring their inclusion in a release, testing on various environments
- Create & maintain comprehensive test documentation and requirements traceability to meet internal process
- Understanding of Jira and Confluence and maintain projects within the Atlassian's Tools
- Ensure compliance with general development best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources
- Contributing to the successful and timely delivery of all software projects
- Work with stakeholders, developers, project managers to isolate, clarify and document both functional and visual defects
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner