As Delivery Director (Web / CMS) you are responsible for working
with senior business stakeholders and in partnership with our
Management function in the business, to facilitate the creation and
manage the successful delivery of a strategic roadmap of
initiatives, products and services served via a browser desktop and
mobile. To support these initiatives, you are also responsible for
working with your colleagues in the Technology Department to
utilize the relevant technology strategy and supporting
architecture in the successful delivery of the web initiatives,
products and services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate the creation and oversee the successful delivery of a strategic road map of initiatives and products.
- Pragmatically balance business and technology requirements by actively facilitating robust prioritization and trade off sessions to ensure delivery to time, cost, scope or quality, whilst working meticulously with your technology colleagues to ensure that requirement coverage is complete and unambiguous.
- Assist senior business stakeholders as they assess the opportunity and viability of new features or sites in the early stages of idea development.
- Be your stakeholders trusted guide, through the inception and delivery process, bringing together key technology expertise to develop high level prototypes, ensuring cost effective, flexible, pragmatic and agile solutions for all initiatives as they mature through the various stages and working closely with your colleagues in the Technology Department to ensure that the correct resourcing, delivery approach and scheduling is in place, so that you can provide delivery certainty to your business stakeholders.
- Ensure that product backlogs are in place and the associated business epics and stories are understood by each member of your Scrum teams, to ensure a robust, performant and secure solution that is fit for the client's purpose.
- Be the senior, single point of contact and truth on Web technology for our client's stakeholders, ensuring that timely and accurate communication of progress, issues, risk and mitigation options are available, and in most cases before they are requested, during delivery.
- Ensure that the Web Scrum teams have the skills and processes to deliver the Product Backlog to ensure certainty of delivery, resolution of queries, orchestration of scope changes and inclusion of new requirements.
- Ensure that new initiatives are scheduled and resourced around existing ones and rigorously manage and facilitate product and project prioritization with your Web delivery teams and relevant business stakeholders.
- Experience of operating in a matrix managed organization and working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Agile teams, as the role is required to set the direction and manage the skills and resources that make up these teams.
- Wealth of experience in a technology, e-commerce or CMS'es involved in web product development, business analysis, product development or solution design. Degree educated, ideally within engineering and management.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering large scale and complex (web) projects.
- Demonstrable experience of consulting with senior stakeholders to develop technology and product strategies and roadmaps.
- Demonstrable experience working with project managers and developers using Agile methodologies (e.g.Scrum, Kanban) methodologies.
- Experienced at relationship management, communication and empathizing with Business Users and Senior Stakeholders to clearly communicate and prioritize the deliverables.
- Strong people manager with proven track record of team management and project leadership.Strong written and verbal communicator, able to interact with Senior Management.
- English is mandatory for communications, spoken, read, and written.
- Any ISO certification, PMP, or other certifications for processes and management are a plus.