Technical Project Director
The Connector - to bridge the business world and technology world Overview of role
Working alongside other function leads (Tech, Design, UX, Finance and Account) to ensure the agency's digital work exceeds creative, technical and delivery expectations.
As Technical Project Director you will manage a multi-cultural team of ten to fifteen Technical Project Managers on a daily basis. You will be responsible for the motivation and development of both direct and indirect reports within your team, ensuring they have clear development objectives, regular appraisals and continue to develop their technology and project management knowledge.
As Technical Project Director you will be responsible for one or two of the agency's largest accounts, handling large scale complex projects as well as overseeing other members of your team to ensure consistency and quality of delivery. You are also ultimately responsible for the delivery of all projects managed by your team, ensuring each producer is planning, executing and delivering all projects on time and on budget.
You will be client facing at all times, leading the production conversations across your accounts. As a senior member of the Digital Production unit you may be required to present in pitch situations.
- Proven digital delivery capabilities of all level of projects
- Great understanding of all web and mobile technology and stay up with the technology trends and its application in business
- Excellent business and technical judgement and strive for the best work every time. If you don't think it is good enough, say why and work with the team to improve on it before it moves on.
- Excellent communicator and presenter in all forms (in-person, email, over the phone)
- Strong management and leadership skill Know when and how to delegate but still keep on top of things
- Culturally intelligent. Understand and can be effectively working and leading a multi cultural team
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with client and/or team members
- Self-starter, wearing a few hats, high tolerance for ambiguity
- The technology expert face of digital delivery for the agency's clients
- Oversee delivery to all clients and projects within your team
- Advisor to the wider agency network on digital project best practice and process, proactively provide long term technical solution to our client, working closely with the internal and external team
- Driving force behind good creative work and technology, always striving to ensure the highest standards of the technical solution we provide
- Good level of communication with department leads in all departments including Client Service, Creative, Planning, Finance and Creative Technology
- Sign off of all client facing documents, including project plans, cost estimates, SOW, Functionality and Technology specifications, etc. for projects over RMB 500k before they are provided to clients
- Provide continuous support to all of your team on a daily basis, advising on project issues
- Responsible for career development of the project managers within your team, conducting appraisals providing continued training
- Responsible for utilisation of your reports and the profitability of their accounts
- Ultimate accountability and responsibility for all projects to the Agency and Clients, Final escalation point for all digital / project issues within your PM group
- Proactive management of client and project profitability of clients within your team running weekly time reconciliations and job progress reports
- Proactively contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture, and generally be a role model for the junior members of the team